Using current user on a Start Form

• 2 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Nintex 2013:

I am trying to create a site workflow with a Start Form (no list) with a subscribe and unsubscribe buttons. I want to get the current user and  add/remove them from a group in Active Directory and then email confirmation.

I first tried to use a People Picker Control with a People Picker variable with a default value of Current User.  I can see it is populating with "Smith, John", however, I am unable to use the variable as a recipient in the email nor will it update a group.

I then created  calculated value control with a text variable with a default value of  Current User.  This put "i:0#.w|mmcntjsmith" into the variable, and I was able to add it to a group, however, I could not use this variable as a recipient.

I feel like I am missing something when it comes to using current user/#variables. 

3 replies

Badge +16

can you not just use the "initiator" to send the email and add to the group?

200248_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +1

Why yes, this works.  My ego would have appreciated you waiting at least a few minutes before providing the answer. happy.png

I am still unsure why what I did originally did not work.

Badge +16

happy.png haha sorry Charles!  send notification won't cope with the claims part "i:0#.w|"