Not applicable

Execute SQL Query - Multiple Columns

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

We are using Nintex 2013 Enterprise version and I want to know if we can retrieving data from multiple columns in sql?  If yes, can you someone please let me know the steps on how to get data from multiple columns? 

My requirement is :

1. Query 4 columns in SQL (ProductUniquenumber, ProductStatus, Createdby, Creator email address) 

2. Run a parallel action and have 4 separate collection operations, I've created workflow variables exactly as shown in your example above. Not sure if this is the best way of doing it? please advice. 

3.I will be using foreach action to iterate thru the collection 

4. Send email notification to individual users. 

Thanks in advance 

Cheers,

D

6 Replies
dan_stoll
Workflow Veteran

Re: Execute SQL Query - Multiple Columns

Jump to solution

Sure thing..

So this is one way to skin the cat..

Select the 'specify column names' radio button and you will be presented with the options to select the column you wish to grab, without having to tweak the SQL query.

If you are expecting multiple values, have collection Variables ready for each column. If you are only expecting single values just use a Single line variable or multiple line variable depending on the length.

Once you have the 4 collections (if this is the way you are going.. )

You need to use the 'For Each' action to loop through a collection.. But this is another topic.. So sing out if you need a hand 

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan Stoll I'll tried implementing the way you've suggested and it works perfectly well. Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Ice_Sinsab
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

Hi  @dan_stoll  ,

I recently initiate this one in my test environment.

Would you mind share a screenshot of workflow on how you execute this SQL please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
hdabbas
Canvas Initiate

Jump to solution

Greetings,

Can you help with the next steps. I have an SQL action that retreives 11 text type columns and 3 date type columns. I created collection variables for all columns along with the apprpriate text and date variables. I am trying to use the For each loop along with a collection operation. Also within the loop I inserted a Update Multiple items action in order to write the SQL output to a list. Unfortunatlly nothing is working.

Regards

0 Kudos
vishalshyam
Canvas Initiate

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please help me using the Execute SQL step by step for multiple columns and update to a text box on the form. I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
CG2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi 

I'm new working with Nintex Workflows, Having the same situation where I need to get multiple column data from oracle.  Looking for in detail step by step procedure . Can anyone help me with this scenario.

Thanks

0 Kudos