SmartObject data

• 15 May 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

I have a form with an smartobject linked. I saved the data, but i cannot populate the smartobject content in another smartform in other activity

Any could give me an example with two smartforms sharing a smartobject

Thank you

Juan

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Juan

This will depend on how you are opening the second smartform. From your post it sounds like it might be from a workflow to complete an activity? In this case the user will be clicking on a link in an email, or opening from the worklist.

If you are opening the form to action a workflow activity there are 2 main ways of doing this.

1. Create a "ID" data field in the workflow and pass in the new records ID (returned to you on the Create method) to this data field when you start the workflow from the form. In the workflow activity you will need to pass the ID back to the form as a parameter, and then execute a read method on the view when the form initializes using the parameter as an input. 
  2. Use the Item Reference (available if you use the SmartForms Client event). This will automatically take care of loading the view with data when you open the form. This is a quick and easy method but it gives you less control.