Add List Item Attachments to a flexi-task

• 27 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to add list item attachments to a flexi-task in a workflow and am not having success.  I have followed the instructions found on both Vadim's blog, https://community.nintex.com/message/11781?sr=search&searchId=8f40e619-22f1-4be1-b2a2-5c8ab1890e37&searchIndex=1#11781 , and https://community.nintex.com/message/14770?sr=search&searchId=8f40e619-22f1-4be1-b2a2-5c8ab1890e37&searchIndex=3#14770 .  Nothing is working.

What am I doing wrong?

Why are the list item attachments lost when using Nintex forms on flexi-tasks? 

Thanks in advance for all help and responses.

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi Rebecca,

you say you want to add the item attachments to the task form of a flexi task, is that right? Then Manfred Lauer​ provided exactly what you are looking for: collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task

I used that little tutorial myself and it works perfectly.

Let us know if this is what your looking for and if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +9

Hi Philipp,

nice to hear that it works well for you.

Kind regards

Manfred

Badge +2

Thanks Philipp!  I have tried using that and I must be missing something, because I cannot get it to work.

I am also not able to open the test workflow that is attached to it either, I guess because the custom action may be named differently, so I can't see the steps that were used.

I am also a bit confused about using this as a site workflow rather than as a workflow on the list.  Please advise.

Thanks!

Badge +11

Can you say, why you don't get it to work? Which step are you stuck in?

If you want to debug, I recommend you create your own little workflow debug log list (call it "Workflow Debug" or whatever). You can put a "Create Item" action after every of your normal workflow actions and log all the outputs to this log list by creating new items. This way you can see if your variables really hold the values you expect them to hold. For me this is much more convenient than the regular workflow history/log list.

The attachment is a regular workflow, just create a new blank workflow for your list and import the nwf file. Shouldn't matter if you import it as site or list workflow. There is no custom action involved.

But you don't have to do this. Following Manfreds instructions would be enough. Make sure you have a look at the comments of this thread as well, there might be a useful hint for you.

If you can tell us more precisely where you are having issues, the community will be glad to help you.

Greetings

Philipp

Badge +2

I am currently at the point where I need to do the insert on the form in the flexi-task. 

This section of Manfred's post:

--------------------------

To show the links in the form I used a Rich Text control. My first attempt to enter the worklfow variable by Insert Referenz to the control was unsuccesful - the html coding was shown, not the rendered link. So a little JavaScript was neccessary. First I assigned a unique CCS Class name Anlagen to the control. Second I created a Single Line Textbox control where I inserted by Insert Referenz my workflow variable containing the html coding. The control itself was made invisible on the form by css. By JQuery the html content of the control will be replaced by the content of my workflow variable:

NWF$(document).ready(function () {

try {

NWF$('.Anlagen').html(NWF$('#'+ anlagen_html).val());

} catch (err)
{

}});

Now the attachment links will be rendered:

--------------------

I have added a rich text control, and by Insert Reference added the workflow variable, and I am able to see the HTML code for the attachments. 

Maybe I just don't understand the CSS part, and what should truly be entered into the SLT control, and that could be my issue.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Philipp, thank you for your help!  I was able to get the attachments to show as a link after using the comment from Manfred's post - using the decode XML function.

I really appreciate your sound advice.