Hiding Control Screws Up Form

Badge +7

Hi guys,

Have a weird issue here. I tried recreating the controls and everything but still seeing the same behaviour.

I have four controls inside a panel. They are in a row spanned width-wise across the page.

Based on some criteria, i will sometimes hide the last control (an end date).

Whenever I do this, the vertical spacing on my form gets messed up and the labels will overlap their controls suddenly.

What is going on?

thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Would it be possible to move the end date outside of the surrounding panel? I experienced same behaviour when hiding last controls or panels inside of a panel. Moving those controls in an own panel helps me control the overall behaviour.

Besides of this a screenshot might be helpful to get some inspiration for further advises.

Badge +8

Also, ensure enough spacing is provided between all the controls on the form.

Badge +7

I had a complete mare with a form. I was trying to hide fields based on another fields answer. This would work fine but totally broke the way the fields displayed. In the end I had to put each field group next to each other. If I put them underneath it fell part. I tried wrapping them in various frame configs which also failed.

So original layout and result....

Revised & result.

A frustrating few hours.

On another form I also had to have things matching on the horizontal for things to work...

The right hand section here has to match the size of the fields opposite or it all goes to pot when hiding. The right hand section only shows when replacement field equals replacement.

Badge +8

Agree with you. Looks like only proper control spacing is the only solution which sometimes takes more time.