Can not edit form rule or save changes

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

All of a sudden, when i edit a K2 Designer Form, the spinning green wheel takes a minute to opne a rule.

Then when i do Finish, nothing happens, it stays on the rule. I can cancel the rule and no changes are saved...

I can edit other projects with forms, but all of a suddent this form won't let me edit it... Any ideas what i can do?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Sharpharp1,

how many rules, tabs, actions...etc do you have on this form?

UPDATE

Please try the following:

Increase the 'MaxRequestLenght' parameter of the 'httpRuntime' attribute in web.config file Smartforms Designer and Runtime. Try to set it to have the value 32768.

You can find the web.config files in these locations:
C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 SmartForms Designer and
C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 SmartForms Runtime

Before the modification of the web.config files please make a backup of both files.
Then save the files with the new values, restart the K2 service and also perform an IISReset.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hello Mustafa,

I have a lot of rules and actions. No tabs.

Is the Maxrequestlength some kind of timeout setting?

Strangely enough, when i restarted the K2 service and IIS aftwerwards, the form appears ok and speeded up...

I will keep an eye on it.

Much appreciated as always,

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Sharpharp1,

The MaxRequestLength property specifies the limit for the buffering threshold of the input stream.

K2 doesn't recommend to have too many views and rule on the form, preformance wise 

I believe that you had this issue because you have too many rules/views on the form and it might exceed the RequestLenght

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Thanks buddy, Kudos given

Badge +2

Hey,

thanks that also helped me for the same issue!! 

Best Regards

Sebastian