Solved

Error message, index property bigger than number of items in the collection

• 3 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello there,

I got the above mentionen error message for a flow that collects the data of concert registrations of teachers for their classes and sends out a request to the teachers a day after the concert has taken place to conferm that the concert has taken place in deed.

Below you see the protocol of the flow. There are four collections:   

varColErstelltvon: with the e-mails of the people to whom the request will be send

vaColIDAnm: with Nintex-Element-ID of the concert registrations

varColKonzert: with the name of the conterts

varColDurchführungsdatumheute: the date at which the concerts was sceduled

In the sample each collection has two elements (IDs, Concerts, e-mails,). The workflow loops correctly thorough the data firs ID21 (loop 0) than loop ID22 (loop 1).

ID21 works correctly changing status von "wait" to "to be confirmed" and sending out the mail.

ID22 is processed correctly till it reaches the  variable varErstelltvon, which contains the email for the second mail to be sent to a teacher.

Then the error occours and the above mentioned error message pops-up.

From my point of view the index property is 2  and numer of items in the Collection (the amount of e-mail adresses) is 2 as well. I don't get it what the problem is.

24916i3705DBD409CAF90A.png

I would be grateful for a hint towards what the cause of the problem could be.

Thanks a lot

Berni

icon

Best answer by Garrett 4 August 2022, 17:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Zaphod99 

Its great that you are using Log to display the Items value.

Oh! You stated "From my point of view the index property is 2 and number of items in the Collection (the amount of e-mail adresses) is 2 as well. I don't get it what the problem is."
Nintex Collection uses 0-based index, meaning the 1st item has index 0 and the 2nd item has index 1. If you use Index 2 and the collection has only 2 items, you are bound to get index property bigger than number of items in the collection error. 

Try to display the Count of Items in the Collection "Count Items in Collection" before you use any Loop action. 

Hi @Garrett 

Thanks for the hint at the index properties.  Unfortunately I couldn't fix the problem with this approach. It seems to me that the index property equals items in the collections. 

Since everthing works fine in both loops, except for the usage of the variable "varErstelltvon" in the second loop I concluded that it is this variable, which causes the problem. "Erstelltvon" is the term used in the german version of Nintex for "Author", the name of the person who created an element and is automatically created by the system. Could it be that therefore the two identical e-mail adresses  are considered by Nintex as one ? Strange thing is that the previous workflow version was set up exactly the same, and it worked. Maybe there are some extra settings for the retrival of the "author"data.

cheers,

Berni

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Zaphod99 

You are certain that variable "varErstelltvon" has 2 items.

Try this! Add 3 "Get Item from Collection". Configure as follows

Target collection: "varErstelltvon"

Index: 0

Output: varValue (You can define the Output variable)

Log varValue

Index: 1

Log varValue

Index: 2

Log varValue

At which index does it fail?