Unspecified Error when saving in Visual Studio

• 18 June 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge

Every so often I get a Visual Studio error when trying to save a .kprx file.  The dialog box says "The operation could not be completed. Unspecified Error."  with only an OK button.  When I click OK I get the "Save File As..." dialog box and if I attempt to save over the existing file or to a different location, it gives me the original error again.  Basically once this happens, I can't save and must kill VS and re-open my previously saved file, losing any changes that I made.  My project is located on my local drive and I get the error regardless of where I try to save (local or network location).  Any ideas?

4 replies

Badge +8

Yea, I have experienced it a number of times.

When you have a server code event's .cs file open and you delete the server code event in the kprx file you will get this error often. but i have experienced that for no reason also

Badge +8

For me, this usually happens when the CS and XOML files are left open for extended periods, my guess is that some files get updated, others not. 

What *sometimes* work for is to go to all the *.cs files, save them and close it. Then do the same for the *.xoml files. Finally, save the kprx files. 

Badge

Another possible solution which worked in my situation, is to attach the debugger to the process. Once this had been done, I was able to save the kprx file.

Ronald

Badge

I realise this is a very old thread, but I just experienced a similar issue in Visual Studio 2010. In my case the problem was an invalid file path in one of the workflow references. After removing and adding the reference again, I was able to save the workflow successfully.