File Upload at Workflow Start

• 31 August 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I created a Nintex start form with several fields creating a List Item in a custom list finally. I would like to upload some documents at Workflow Start to copy them to the List Item or in a document lib. Unfortunately there is no Upload control available in a workflow start form...

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks

Roman

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can do it with Nintex Forms.

Have you installed Nintex Forms?

114586_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +6

Roman,

Further to Fernando's reply, ensure that the list that you are running the workflow against has got the "Attachments to list items" enabled in the list advance settings. Without this enable, you will not see the "Attachments" control to add to your Nintex form.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +6

Hi Guys,

thanks for your answers but please read the question carefully: It is a Site Workflow with a nintex start form creating a list item somewhere in the workflow and only under specific circumstances. In a workflow start form there is no Nintex Forms Attachments control available.

Thanks anyway

Roman

Badge +6

Roman,

Re-reading the question, there was no mention of this being a site workflow and terminology like "start form" can easily be interpretted as a list form.

You are correct in that there is not an attachment control available to the Site Workflow start form. I would suggest that you may need to have the workflow prompt the user for attachments further down the chain, where appropriate, using one of the user interaction controls.

Once this is done you can use a copy to Sharepoint control to copy the attachments to a doc library.

Regards,

Mark

Badge

@mapeacock  In my List settings, attachments are enabled, but at the List workflow start form I can't find the attachment control. SharePoint version is 2016 on-prem.