Browser-Enabled InfoPath Forms

• 29 January 2008
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

A rather general question here, but has anyone gotten browser enabled InfoPath forms to integrate correctly with blackpearl?  I have an InfoPath template that works just fine browser-enabled when I publish it outside of blackpear's deploy mechanism, but once I integrate it into my project, it either fails to deploy (if I say the form client is a web browser) or it says it is not browser enabled (if I say the form client is InfoPath).  The latter would be expected, but I simply cannot understand why I get this generic error during dployment of a web enabled InfoPath form.  Has anyone else done what I am trying to do?

5 replies

Badge +9

I assume when you say integrate with your project, you are doing code behind in your InfoPath form.

Have you taken a look at this thread?

http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/18651.aspx

Badge +11
Try runing the design checker under the InfoPath tools menu to make sure there are no errors.
Badge +9
Thanks for the replies, I'd like to clarify that my InfoPath form is just a test - it doesn't actually do anything or have any code behind, it simply writes some text.  It works just fine when I publish it as browser-based outside of blackpearl (through InfoPath), not sure what integrating it in my workflow (via the InfoPath Integration wizard) does to it.  At least this proves I am doing something wrong somewhere, and it isn't just some bug with browser-enabled forms.
Badge +9

From what I understand from the IP wizard when dealing with web based IP forms, it essentially does a few things, it hooks up the necessary web services to the IP form to allow the retrieval of approval actions and also to submit the selected action.  Because you have web services tied to the form, to web enable your form, you would also need to convert the data sources to ucdx files and set the appropriate permissions on them.  This is normally done manually in traditional IP/Forms Server integration but in K2 blackpearl, this is done automatically for you by the wizard.

The only exception is when dealing with IP forms with code behind which requires an additional step for the SharePoint admin to approve the form.

Badge +9
Well of course I didn't read the release notes, that would be too simple!  Actually, known issue 8 seems to indicate that whomever is deploying the process needs to be a site collection administrator.  While I AM a site collection administrator, I went ahead and tried to deploy the process as the blackpearl service account and sure enough, it worked just fine.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, though that is still a pretty rough issue to deal with.