Delay before Redirect Executes

• 20 August 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have two Thank You pages in a redirect I would like to use based on a condition.  This is the statement I'm using in the Redirect URL in the Advanced section of the Form Settings:

fn-If(fn-Equals(Status,'Submitted'),/xxxxxx/ThankYou1.html,/xxxxxx/ThankYou2.html)

I have a 'Submit' button on the form and in the button settings I have the following in the Advanced section:

Connected to = Status

Value returned = Submitted

Data type returned = String

When the 'Submit' button is clicked, ThankYou2.html is being displayed instead of ThankYou1.html.  Seems like this is occurring before the 'Status' field/column is set to 'Submitted'.  Can you use some sort of delay to set the field before the Redirect executes?

Thanks alot,

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Make sure you are using the control's value and not the item property in the form setting. Name the control something unique, like chStatus to help.

Badge +2

Can you clarify how you would use the control's value in the Redirect URL section? I don't have the option to use a named control. All I see are "Common", "Item Properties", and "Inline Functions". 

I have the "Save and Submit" button changing the "Submitted" field. I essentially want it to go to one website if "Save and Submit" is clicked (and value returned = 1), and a different website if "Save" is clicked (no value returned). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you are in O365, you may be seeing that limitation where the Named control doesn't appear.

Badge +2

Not 365. We are on Nintex for Sharepoint version 2.9.2.10