xugreatone
Design Dabbler

Email Notification Firing Anytime Modification is Made

Jump to solution

I have a SharePoint list where users are creating escalations to be worked.  The user fills out the form.  I have a Submittal Workflow that submits a notification email to the submitter and to myself when a new item is submitted.  

That is my call to action.  I then go into the list, edit the item, and assign it to an analyst to work. I have a 2nd Workflow called Email Assignment which I want to fire off.  I have a field called Reviewer Assigned where I'm looking up the person via our SharePoint directory.  I want an email to generate to the submitter and the assignee alerting them that the item has been assigned.  I had built this and it works.  

However....

Any time the ticket is being modified for any purpose, to update notes, put it into a "needs more info" status, the Email Assignment Worfklow is triggering again.  

How can I set up my workflow such that the Email Assignment workflow only triggers the first time I enter something into the field "Reviewer Assigned."

Thanks,

Jamie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Email Notification Firing Anytime Modification is Made

Jump to solution

Hi,

What do your current workflow start conditions look like at present?

Sounds like you have them setup to run on ANY modification rather than just when the assigned analyst is updated.

0 Kudos
xugreatone
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

@SimonMuntz 

Thanks for the reply.  Below are screenshots of my workflow.  I have it set to kick off automatically and am using conditional startup options.  

So when the item is modified it should fire off the notificaiton.  Currently, I have it set to do this when the Reviewer Assigned is Not Empty.  

I cannot seem to figure out the logic to tell it to only do this once and not when additional modifications are made.  Thoughts?  Really appreciate the help.  

Nintex Worfklow 1.PNGNintex Worfklow 2.PNG

0 Kudos
xugreatone
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

@SimonMuntz (and others). 

I think I have it solved.  I added another condition to the conditional start instructions that the Reviewer Assigned (previous state) had to be empty.  

That seems to be working now.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos