Compatibility with Windows Server 2012 R2

• 3 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is Nintex Forms and Workflows 2013 Compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey David Crosby​, From what I read, SharePoint 2013 with SP1 will support Windows Server R2 2012, Installing the latest versions of Nintex Workflow and Forms shouldn't be an issue. General Rule of thumb is that our products support what SharePoint does.

Badge +1

The link to the installation guide implies compatability: "Web servers: Nintex Workflow requires the same minimum requirements that are required when installing SharePoint 2013." - but it doesn't specifically say so. I found the more definitive answer in the Nintex Workflow 2013 release notes:  https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1153 - which indicates support for SharePoint Server 2013 SP1, under the version 3.0.7.0 Enhancements.

Note:  Microsoft does not support installation of SharePoint 2013 on Server 2012, AND, does not support slipstreaming of Service Pack one - that means you need to download and install the Service Pack 1 media.

It would be helpful if the documentation was updated to specifically state these requirements for compatibility with Windows Server 2012 R2.

Hope this helps.

Badge +1

Thanks Emily,

Oops - this note should have said:  "Note:  Microsoft does not support installation of SharePoint 2013 on Server 2012 R2"

See the Microsoft KB here.

Dave

Badge +1

Just an FYI to update this thread: I've successfully installed SharePoint 2013 SP-1 on Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2014 (12.0.2000.8) Feb 20, 2014.

The Prerequisites for SharePoint must be installed manually because the PrerequisiteInstaller.exe calls ServerManagerCmd.exe which no longer exists in Server 2012 - It will start installing prereqs, but then you will get an error every time once it attempts to install AppFabric and IIS.

I also used the CodePlex AutoSPInstaller Powershell script to automate the installation, but you have to comment out the line that calls the PrequisiteInstaller in the script there also.

Dave