fields missing on filter

• 11 March 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +8

Good day,

I have a task list I want to run an action on [delete multiple items] and when i look in the filter several fields are missing including the status. 

Filter options:

Actual list:

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

Jennifer

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello -

Probably silly, but did you confirm that you are looking in the right site? Or looking up the right task list?

I couldn't tell you how many times I thought I was looking in a site that was not where I really wanted to be in!

Hope this help!

Badge +8

Thanks for the reply.  Over the years I have learned from a lot of silly mistakes, unfortunately I am looking at the right site.  I even put in the url to double check. I should also mention that this is a new workflow task list, I am not using the default, I choose to create a new one when configuring the workflow.

Badge +11

Hi Jennifer,

I just failed on re-creating your issue. On my environment, every field of this newly created task list can be used for filtering. Did you have a look at other actions? For example the "Query list" action, does it offer your "Status" field as a filter?

Did you try to delete and re-create the new task list? Maybe something got messed up internally during creation. If that doesn't work I would think about contacting support, since this seems like a bug to me.

Regards

Philipp

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Jennifer -

It would appear that the problem is not that several fields are missing from the filter list, but the filter is showing the columns from a completely different list.  There's only a few columns that actually match up (Created, Modified, Modified By, etc.).  I also could not reproduce this behavior.

Just to supplement what Philipp Lucas​ suggested, you might also, try the following troubleshooting:

1. Test with various other list types (besides a Nintex Task List), such as a regular SharePoint task list, which should have the same Status site column.
  2. A regular custom list, but adding the Status site column to that list.
  3. Another new Nintex Task list.
  4. I'd also see about replicating the behavior in a different sub-site or site collection if possible.
Badge +8

Hi Philipp, thanks for the reply.  I tried the query list item and it showed all the fields.  I cannot delete the list because it is in a production environment.  It seems to be happening with lists that were created in the workflow form [Create a new task list].

Thanks again,

Jennifer

Badge +8

Hi Tom, thanks for the suggestions; here is what I have done...[bold]

Tom Castiglia wrote:

Jennifer -

It would appear that the problem is not that several fields are missing from the filter list, but the filter is showing the columns from a completely different list. There's only a few columns that actually match up (Created, Modified, Modified By, etc.). I also could not reproduce this behavior.

Just to supplement what Philipp Lucas suggested, you might also, try the following troubleshooting:

1. Test with various other list types (besides a Nintex Task List), such as a regular SharePoint task list, which should have the same Status site column. --> tested with task list [field is called task status, but it showed up]
  2. A regular custom list, but adding the Status site column to that list.--> that works too
  3. Another new Nintex Task list. --> created a new one and the status is visible
  4. I'd also see about replicating the behavior in a different sub-site or site collection if possible.--> have the same problem in another site, on a different server

The problem is that there is a workflow running on production on this list and I cannot change it so i need to figure out why this is happening.  Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Badge +11

Hi Jennifer,

good finding! Seems like you've found the problem ("It seems to be happening with lists that were created in the workflow form [Create a new task list].") Looks like a Nintex Bug to me, especially because you wittness the exact same behaviour on another site (even another server).

Unfortunately I don't see any solution if you cannot change this list association because you are running it on production environment already. I would contact Nintex support, maybe they have an idea. Or wait if someone else from the community offers a suggestion.

Sorry =(

Philipp

Badge +5

We encountered this same issue using Nintex Workflow v3.2.2.10

Here are some workarounds:

1. Use a single line text field instead of the choice field (Nintex Form Control linked to the choice field).
  2. Build a CAML query in the Query List Action (Copy it) and in this action use the CAML editor and paste it here.

Badge +16

We have the same raised as a bug with nintex - apparently only happening on our list because it was created from a template list?! Still no word on a solution yet.