Custom Reports and Logged on User

• 21 October 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I created a custom report using the K2 Report Designer (Workspace). This report shows the list of all the process instance with fields (Process Name, Folio, Originator, StartDate, Status), and I named that report as MyRequestsView.

Now, when any user clicks on this report, it should show all the items that are requested by them (the Originator field). I am not able to find a way by which this report automatically filters the data for the logged on user based on the originator.

Thx

2 replies

Badge +8

I think this is not possible with standard reports. Have you seen the my process webpart at blackmarket? I think this SharePoint WebPart offers the functionality which you want.

http://k2underground.com/k2/ProjectHome.aspx?ProjectID=35
Badge +11

I'm not sure you can set the filter to the current user using the report wizard but I think you should be able to do it using the Visual Studio report designer.  Once you have created the report using the wizard, export it to the file system so you can open it in Visual Studio.  In the report designer there are some simple functions you can use inside the report.  While I haven't checked, it would seem likely that one of the functions can return the ID of the user requesting the report.  I don't think the Visual Studio report designer is installed by default; you might have to download and install the Business Intelligence project types from Microsoft.

David