Save and Continue Button Problems

• 16 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I recently noticed an issue in my forms and I'm wondering if others are seeing it too.  I have a form where I am utilizing a Save and Continue button. I noticed when I saved the form for the first time, the save and continue button functioned as expected.  Anytime after that if I tried to hit the save and continue button, I see this error.

6193iF029EC0C4FD1E270.jpg

I've tried different browsers and all end up with the same basic result.  I thought initially it was my form as it had several different javascript functions throughout the form.  I ended up creating new custom lists with all new forms.  Just plopping a save and continue button down and testing it there.  Same result, first time save was fine.  Anytime after that, I'd receive a failure.  I'm currently on prem Sharepoint 2016 with Nintex forms 4.5.1.2.  Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

4 replies

Badge +3

I've attempted to recreate your error and am unable to replicate, as selecting the 'Save and Continue' button multiple times does not provide an error within my published form. Can you offer any other details about your environment or list? Have you tested or noticed the extent of issues within this list or site? I am very curious as to what would be causing this issue for you.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I've kind of figured out what is causing the error.  Basically, the https:// is being removed from the address bar.  Not sure why that is happening.  Here are some screenshots:6243i764D163019A49B9C.jpg

As you can see here, the site is currently secured.  I'll see the same thing, when I open up an item.

6244iF25AF0B4A1558A57.jpg

Site is still secured. When I click on the test button (a save and continue button), I'm sent to this page.

6245i7E260B2A3F269876.jpg

As you can see, I've lost my secure site designation.  That is why it cannot reach the page.  If I readd https:// back in the beginning of the URL, I'm sent back to list item I was working on.  Not sure why this is happening to me.  I've tried different browsers, and it all does the same thing.  

Badge +3

That's interesting. I'm curious, when you created the new custom list and published the new form for that list, did they include the javascript functions from your original or were they bare bones with just the 'Save and Continue' button? I think you're on the right track with attempting to pull potential causes to the probelm by recreating a new list and form. Your initial sentiment in regards to the javascript functions being the culprit, I think is valid. The only other thing I could think of is that some kind of validation isn't triggering (which your observation of the ssl drop on your http within the address seems like a possible hint). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

No, I did not carry over the javascripting functions.  Initially I had created a whole new custom list and uploaded the template of the form I was working on.  When I experienced the same problem, I did it again but removed the java script.  When the problems still surfaced, I tried a whole new list and just did the default form.  I have three different enviroments (dev, production, and scanning).  I was able to replicate the problem in all three environments.  I haven't submitted for a support request yet, as I was wondering if others had ran into this.  I noticed the newest version does do something to Save and Continue, but for a different issue. I don't think those two problems are related.