SamTaylor1
Nintex Newbie

Document approval system

Hi There, i need massive help our company used to use power automate and that was pretty easy to use however we are now using Nintex, i am trying to create a document control system similar to the screenshot attached that i have done in power automate but am unsure how to do this in Nintex. Any diagram would help massively.

SamTaylor1_0-1612529069272.png

SamTaylor1_1-1612529117290.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hejones50
Nintex Newbie

Re: Document approval system

Firstly, create a new list workflow - in the workflow settings you can configure how it starts on item creation and/or modification - you can do this conditionally if required.

I'd always recommend using a state machine as they're much easier to manage when workflows get complex. Have the following branches:

-Awaiting Approval

-Approved

-Rejected

The first branch will be awaiting approval, use an 'Assign Flexi Task' to create a workflow task to the approver. This action automatically includes two outcome branches for approved and rejected. After each one, include a 'change state' to change the state machine to either the Approved of Rejected branch.

For each of these branches, include a 'send notification' action to send an appropriate customised email to the initiator of the workflow.

0 Kudos
SamTaylor1
Nintex Newbie

Re: Document approval system

Hi mate,

done this how would if rejected revert back to old document? so then no one sees the updates, i can do this manually in SharePoint with a check in check out publish system however is there a way to get this automated?

0 Kudos