Document approval system

• 5 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi There, i need massive help our company used to use power automate and that was pretty easy to use however we are now using Nintex, i am trying to create a document control system similar to the screenshot attached that i have done in power automate but am unsure how to do this in Nintex. Any diagram would help massively.

10026i04195DCF17592801.png

10027iCF8B49DDEF025C06.png

2 replies

Badge +4

Firstly, create a new list workflow - in the workflow settings you can configure how it starts on item creation and/or modification - you can do this conditionally if required.

I'd always recommend using a state machine as they're much easier to manage when workflows get complex. Have the following branches:

-Awaiting Approval

-Approved

-Rejected

The first branch will be awaiting approval, use an 'Assign Flexi Task' to create a workflow task to the approver. This action automatically includes two outcome branches for approved and rejected. After each one, include a 'change state' to change the state machine to either the Approved of Rejected branch.

For each of these branches, include a 'send notification' action to send an appropriate customised email to the initiator of the workflow.

Hi mate,

done this how would if rejected revert back to old document? so then no one sees the updates, i can do this manually in SharePoint with a check in check out publish system however is there a way to get this automated?