Allow \site owner\" to change flexi task assignee mid workflow?"

• 2 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

Is there a  way to allow  users with "special" abilities, like a "site owner",  to be able to change the assignee on a flexi task already in progress?

What my users want to be able to do is to change the approver to someone else, say when the current approver has called off of work.  I know I can check alllow delegation but I am pretty sure that is only for the current assignee to do? And something I would not want the current assignee to be able to do anyway.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

similar question answered here Re: Re-Assign pending flexi task

Badge +16

Site owners should see "delegate task" on tasks assigned to other users - is that not happening?

Badge +16

‌ are you still in need of support on this thread or can an answer be marked as correct?

Badge +8

No it has not been answered here but a co-worker might have a solution that I have yet to look at.

P:S.   Site owners cannot see that link but site administrators can.   Apparently there is no way to grant someone to be able to see this link out of the box.

Badge +4

Hi Cassy

I seem to have this problem also. I have the highest level of access in SharePoint (Site Collection Admin, Farm Admin, Site Owner) and I still can't see the delegate task option from the Workflow task list. Clicking on 'View item' opens the approval form which in built in Nintex Workflow using the Edit Task Form option. (It displays the 'You are not authorized to approve this item' message). Am I supposed to see a 'delegate task' option in the drop down menu? I cannot see any way of re-assigning the task...

Badge +16

it should look like this: