Attachment Image display

• 17 January 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

I'm creating an attachment view that lists the attachment (click for download) and I was trying to see if it was possible to put in another column that displays an image of the attachment.

Has anyone played with this feature or able to let me know if it's even possible?

15266iF4F6F0CF315B5089.png

5 replies

Badge +7

I think this wasn't displaying properly, because I was using the File Attachment control.  I'm switching to Image Attachment control and the image postback is now working.

Badge +4

HI,

Creating seperate column for file attachment display is not possible smartforms version 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, however if you are using version 1.0.6, youo can try out by creating another column in the list control.

thannks,

Prajwal Shambhu

Badge +3

Hi, Prajwal Shambhu

What are you mean - "if you are using version 1.0.6, youo can try out by creating another column in the list control"

Is it new feature in 1.0.6? Can you explain?

Thank you.

Badge +7

Prajwal,

I have to disagree with you on file attachment display in 1.0.5.  I'm currently using 1.0.5 and I was successful in posting a smaller image back to the user in a list view.

I created a smartbox service with an Image property to send data to.  I dragged that property into a new column into my list view.  When the user posts an image, the view refreshes and they see a smaller image of the attachment they sent.

15595i4AA6E7A673E5925C.png
Badge +3

Hi daerne,

May i ask how to transfer data from file attachment to image attachment to display the image in list view?

What kind of format you store the file attachment?

<file><name> </name><content> </content></file>

or

xml format of k2 temporary file path?

Thanks & Regards,

Kyo