Sending an email via a MailEvent with more than one recipient

Badge +3

Hi all,

I've trawled through the board, and can't find how to get over this issue.

I have a series of mail events, triggered by values selected in one of my ASP forms (specifically, if the contract being processed contains products of specific types, boxes are checked, and where the box against a particular product type is checked, a mail gets sent).

Now, I have a specific set of people (average is six recipients per mail) for each mail event who need to be recipients of the mail. My trouble is, I can't enter more than one email address in the 'To:' box.

We are restricted in using roles or groups, because we are using a User management SmartObject to determine users by role, country, and where appropriate Contract Value Approval limits) and some rules for our processes are reliant on users being set up for a specific role only. If that all sounds complex - well, yes, it is a little!

So I need a way to add a Mail Event, triggered by a value in a SmartObject field, that sends a mail to suptiple, specified email recipients. My fallback position is simply to add multiple mail events, each with one recipient, but that looks a little clunky........

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Paul

3 replies

Badge +10
in the to line can you have that be a datafield where the recipients are stored, vs staticly entering them.  You could then populate the datafiled with the addresses themselves as part of the process?
Badge +3

Hi chris,

That sounds like a good idea. Before I test it out, can I just check how I enter the addresses? I'd guess entering a Process Level Data Field, with the value of

UserA@Domain.com; UserB@Domain.com; UserC@Domain.com etc

Will the MailEvent identify the semi-colons as address separators OK?

Thanks

Paul

Badge +1

Hi there,

I also struggeled with a similar problem.

I also needed to send a mail to a group of people.  So what I did were the following.

I created a role with a group of users. I created a separate activity with a mail event.

so I set the destination users to the role.  now there are a hidden trick with this.  First trick is that you need to create a slot for each destination.

Now the only way to do this is to go to the Activity destination wizzard and click on back.

choose advance mode and then you would se that the wizzard are completely different.

choose option at first screen

second screen choose slot per destination

and choose convert role to user name.

complete the wizzard and choose a role.

go to the mail event and at the to box select destination.

I hope this post helps

regards

Francis de Wilde