Solved

Display additonal fields from a lookup column on a nintex form

• 3 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I currently have a lookup column with an additional field to display as shown below:

19047i7A2DE3EECA08A215.png

How can I display the additional field in a nintex form? I would like to display the text from the associated additional field ("Title") once the user selects the "Start Time".  I want to display it where the red arrow is.

19048i7974EDA233AAAC54.png

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by bgarvey 6 August 2021, 15:51

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

I haven't tried to show the additional fields, but you can throw in a calculated value control and use the lookup inline function to lookup the start time based on the selection in the dropdown.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Add a calculated value control to your form using a formula like:

lookup(“Training Date”, “Start Time”, StartTime, “Title”) where the second Start Time value is associated to the Named Control in your form (if done correctly, this value should be red and underlined).  Do not choose the Item Property StartTime as that will not be dynamic (it reads the saved value in the list item).

Lookup function has the four parts:
lookup (list title of lookup list, column in that list to filter on, filter value - usually a Named Control from the active form, value to return)

In the Calculated Value control you can also add a suffix and prefix like

Prefix:  Course Title:'

Suffix: '

So if the calculated value brings back Nintex Workflow 101, the value shown will be: Course Title 'Nintex Workflow 101'