How to JOIN on 2 Query Filters

Badge +9

I have 2 Query filters:

The First Query Filter list all the students current classes and levels

I am looping thru this Query Filter one record at a time and providing various information

Since I am now being asked for specific information on the class I have created a second Query Filter

The Second Query filter contains unique records based on the class name and class level.

As I am looping thru the First Query I want to link the current record from the First Query to the Second Query filter based on Class Name and Class Level.  If I match on this join then I wanted to assign a Teacher name found in the Second Query to a variable called txtTeach.

I have created both Queries and the initial loop, but I am stuck on the lookup to the second query.  Due to the amount of the records in the second query I want to avoid a second loop.  Also note my second query is a CAML query from an alternate site.  I suppose I could attempt to pass in the Class Name and Class Level from the First Query into the Second Query (CAML query) ?

What is a good approach ?

4 replies

Badge +10

Hope you are using the collection variable to store the records from the first list query.

You can also add the two more collection variable to for className and class level. While looping , use collection operation control to get the class name and class level to a variable. Use this variable to in second query to filter, if the record is uniqe on ClassName and class  level , you will get only one record.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you query the same list in both queries or are they two lists?

how the lists are linked? some lookup fields or simple texts?

could you provide example of your setup?

Badge +9

2 different lists but hey both contain 2 fields that are the same:className and class level

Badge

Hello,

I'm a teacher trying to use Nintex for the first time. How do I create Query List Item from another site using CAML EDITOR? It should be the Second Query and then I will need to assign teachers to each class name and class level.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Patrick

"" CAML Query for 2 Values of a Multi-Select Field ""
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/CAML-query-for-2-values customwritingcompany cheap papers