Solved

Display 'Click Here' Link to Form

Badge +4

We have a form using the Classic Form layout that we would like to display a link that shows 'Click Here' instead of the entire link.

Right now we have a rich text control where we have inserted the link which is connected to the item properties of the list.

When we click on the link in the form it just takes us back to the form. Is there something else that we need to do in order to get the link to work?

icon

Best answer by Alexie_Rose 23 August 2021, 19:59

View original

16 replies

Badge +12

@Alexie_Rose try using calculated control

Badge +4

Hello Kunal,

We were using the calculated control, but we're not able to display 'Click here' in place of displaying the entire link

Badge +12

@Alexie_Rose try to use below in your formula:

<a href=""<INSERT YOUR LINK HERE>+ """ target=""_blank"" ><CLICK HERE - DISPLAY TEXT></a>"

Text in red needs to be replaced with your hyperlink and display text.

Badge +4

@kunalpatel This is what I tried and the form would not load, did I do something wrong? I tried to replace the variable link with an actual link as well and the form still would not load

Badge +12

@Alexie_Rose try below formula, I've tested and it works for me:

"<a href=""https://www.google.com"+""" target=""_blank"" >Click here</a>"

Badge +4

@kunalpatel The formula you sent me works, but I'm not able to get it to work when I insert my variable. It takes me to an error page instead of directing me to the link stored in the variable. Is there something I need to change to make it work with a variable instead of a directly keyed in link?

Badge +12

@Alexie_Rose have you tried removing "" before and after the variable?

Badge +4

@kunalpatel I tried removing the quotes before and after the variable and the form stopped loading

Badge +8

I think your variable you insert isnt correct.

Couldnt you just use a lookup or how / where are you trying to get the right "url"?

Badge +4

@Aleximo It's a SharePoint link to an attachment that we then stored in a SharePoint list. I know the link itself works because it's used in a workflow and users have been able to click the link to open the attachment. I tried testing a different variable by storing the google link in the same SharePoint list and still wasn't able to get it to work using the formula provided above.

We're currently using the lookup formula in a calculated field, but we would like to display "Click Here" instead of displaying the whole SharePoint link on the dashboard we've created which can't be done with a lookup formula.

Badge +8

Okay. Quick example:

U have a list with a textbox (in that textbox is the COMPLETE link u wanna get..like: https://google.de)

First u have to create a formularvariable with the lookup formula (NOT a calculated field).

Then u have to create the formula field with the code:

"<a href="+PUTURFORMULARVARIABLEHERE + " target=""_blank"">Click Here</a>"

That should work. (because I use it myself this way)

Badge +4

@Aleximo I tried this and it's still directing me to an error page. I don't know what it is I could be doing wrong here but I've included screenshots of how everything is set up..... I switched back and forth between Generic and String data types and that didn't seem to make any difference. I may reach out to Nintex Support to see if there is an issue going on internally? I'm not sure what else to do

Badge +8

Okay.

In the formula u say that u want to lookup with the "PS ID"... but in the formular u choose from a dropdown?

Is that a textbox u fill out? or just a label?

You have to enter a value in the textbox so that the formula can recalculate... if its just a label then there is the error.

Badge +4

@Aleximo That box is a calculated field that looks up the PSID once a name has been selected from the drop down menu. The name of that box is 'EE PSID' which is used as part of the formula to look up the link. It contains data, but I redacted it in the screenshot for privacy concerns

Badge +8

That can not work... u have to enter the EE PSID manually ... the textbox has to be on the formular... u can edit the formular and test it ... just put the textbox on it and try it out (u dont have to publish it).

is the dropdown the only field u have to enter something? are those names unique in the list?

if yes... then u have to change ur formula

lookup('HI5 Eligibility', 'PS ID', EE PSID, '10th Year Itinerary')

to

lookup('HI5 Eligibility', 'Employee Name', HERE THE COLUM FROM THE DROPDOWN, '10th Year Itinerary')

Badge +4

I did more testing and was able to resolve the issue without making the recommended changes.

Instead of entering the entire link I only entered the portion that comes after the .com and it opened the attachment in a new page perfectly.

Thanks for all the assistance!