Finish button, can not go to next activity

• 21 November 2005
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4
Hi,

I have a K2 solution. After it run smoothly (OK when I click a finish button), I create some user controls & put them into some K2.net Smartforms.

When I click a finish button in a client page (one of these K2.net Smartforms) to finish an activity & go to next activity, it seems nothing happen.

I try to debug & this is some information:
Solution, Project & Process of this page is True. Type of this button is 'Finish button', the page is client page.

Help me please, thanks.

3 replies

Badge +11
The best troubleshooting advise I can give you at this stage is to run K2.net Server in console mode (i.e. Stop the Windows Service and execute the K2Server.exe application directly from 'C:Program FilesK2.net 2003Bin'). Run the client page and monitor the K2.net Server Console to see whether the request even reaches K2.net. Also, have a look at your K2Error.txt file for any clues as to what errors occurred.

If the request does not reach K2, the problem is either in the SmartForm or in IIS. Take out your custom controls or build a test Client page without custom controls and see whether the process continues.

Do you get any error messages in your browser?

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +4
Hi,

I try running K2Server in console mode & run the client page. But it seems nothing happens. As you see in the picture, it only display: Marshalling: OpenWorklist & when I click the finish button, nothing was displayed. There is not any errors in K2Error.

But when I try removing all user controls on this page, it ran successfully as you see at the bottom of the console.

I can't understand why. Can K2.net SmartForm not use User Control?
Badge +11
Ok, so you say that without any custom controls, the process flow continues as expected...

Put back one usercontrol at a time and see which one or where it stops working.

There is no reason why it should not work - must be a problem in some custom control.

Hope this helps,
Ockert