Workflows with email reminders

• 27 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

i am trying to set up a workflow to push reminders out for specific dates for thing that people need to complete, reminders for specific legal filings which are then due say yearly, every 3 years, etc. and reminders at 6 months before, 3 months before, etc.  i am very new to working with nintex and i set up a "reminder" workflow but it didn't seem to send the reminder, can someone help me try to figure out to effectively do this?

2 replies

Badge +16

Hi

When you say you set up a reminder workflow but it didn't send, what exactly did you do?  Are you able to post screenshots of where you got to so we can identify the missing elements?

It does sound like you need a site workflow to send reminders.  I blogged about them here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Are these "legal fillings" something that uses tasks functionality? So that you are trying to set up a reminder on a task configuration form?

I don't see the whole process, but from what I understand you have a periodically required forms to be fulfilled and you would like to remind responsible employees to do that? Probably, as if these fillings are related to some "legal" things, the dates when documents should be completed are probably fixed. If I'm right then I'd suggest to create a SharePoint calendar/ or a simple list where you could store "deadlines" for the actions and then a Site Workflow, scheduled to run once a day, that would check if there is any event in 3/6 months "later". If yes, then the workflow could create tasks for responsible employees or just send email with reminders - up to you.

More info about scheduled workflows‌: https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1399

Regards,

Tomasz