How do you clean up the submenu list from Nintex Workflows

• 29 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

On one particular list where I'm running a lot of test list workflows, I've noticed some extra entries for the workflow. I've played with the settings on the workflow but am kind of a loss on how to delete this entries or remnant without recreating my library--which in this instance is easy but might not be so easy on a production library or list.

I have workflow entitled "Create OCR from this Document". I no longer trust the entries so I just run the workflow manually under Workflows and then select the Workflow.

Multiple Workflow Entries.PNG

5 replies

Badge +4

Stephan,

Have you already tried unchecking the box in Workflow Settings (shown below), and republishing the workflow? This should take the workflow out of the item menu.

181240_pastedImage_0.png

I think, the reason you are seeing two menu items with same name is you might have used the same menu item label in two different workflows.

Badge +9

Been there. Done That.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Stephan,

Check out Aaron's blog post and see if it helps: Duplicate and Orphaned Workflow Menu Items.  I remember having success with the SharePoint Designer route.

Badge +1

I have the same issue, and based on the blog post from Aaron to which you refer, I suspect my issue stems from creating a site template in which a list exists which has a workflow against it and that workflow is activated from a menu item. When a site gets instantiated based on the template, attempting to execute the workflow by clicking on the menu item gives an error which leads me to think that Aaron's comment "The workflow was imported from another environment/site/list multiple times with the menu item enabled" means you just can't do that!

Given that SP Designer is blocked at our company, and that I don't have access to servers to run Powershell against them, is there any way to get rid of the extraneous menu items? At present, I have two menu items showing - one from the initial site creation which flags and error and one from the re-publication of the workflow which work correctly.

Badge +9

Frank,

No way I can think of to perform Menu Action Deletes without either SharePoint Designer, PowerShell, or a Feature--C# or ClientSide.  I was able to delete entries through SharePoint Designer and PowerShell. Then I build a set of PowerShell Commands to deal with Custom Actions because I actually needed to design some custom actions to perform non-workflow tasks through SharePoint layout pages--so it was not to just delete unwanted menu items.