Reassign Tasks

• 10 November 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +10

Hi all,

I have an activity with a form event. I get the destination for that activity from a smartobejct methd which can return a single or multiple users. Lets say that the method returned three users. Now lets say that this process is at that event and the activity has been assigned to the thrre users that the method returned. Now, for some reason I want to assign that same activty to one more user. Is this possible through the workspace or any other way.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible through Workspace or the API.

The only way you can assign extra users is by expiring the activity and re-assigning the activity.

Assuming you can control your smartobject to return the extra user, you can modify the list being returned to include the 4th person and then perform a Goto Activity on the process instance and have it go to the same activity where it is currently. Doing so will expire all the currently assigned tasks and create new tasks which will include your 4th user.

Please note that new tasks assign new Serial Numbers so users will need to know to always use the latest notification email or their worklist to open tasks.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

JohanL

Badge +10

Thanks for your reply,

Thats a shame, as expiring the activity and making it go to that activity again has some problems in my case as the activity contains an email event that gets sent out and if i make it go to the activity agan it will send the emails out again to the existing users, which is not a problem if it was one or two requests but I have to do that or about 30 requests. But f there is no other way then, this will have to do.

Thanks again.