Tasks do not update when actioned and the workflow does not end

• 24 January 2014
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +4

The tasks in my workflow are created properly by K2 in the SharePoint task list, an email is properly sent, the task is created in the list, and they can be actioned, but they randomly do not update and so they perpetually show "Not Started". The next tasks are created, and the workflow moves on. In fact the item can eventually be approved, but random tasks or sometimes all of them in the workflow never change the Outcome so the workflow never ends.

I created a new Task list and the results are the same, in the K2 Workspace no error is reported, it simply isn't updating the Task list from what I can tell. As you can see from the below picture it simply creates the next task after the previous has been actioned, but does not update the list.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

JArthur,

I cannot be certain why some tasks are not changing status, but I understand exactly why that is preventing the SharePoint workflow from ever completing.

In one of the later versions, we added logic to look for and complete any outstanding SharePoint tasks at the end of the K2 workflow, so that the call to SharePoint to "complete" the SP workflow would succeed. Depending on the version you are running, that logic may not be present. If that is the case, then an upgrade to a newer version may resolve the behavior you reported.

I realize you reported this case quite some time ago, but if it is still an ongoing issue, please let us know.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail