How to filter 3rd drop-down based on the value of previous 2 drop-downs?

Badge +1

Similar question was posted earlier and I could not find if any tangible solution posted by Nintex Gurus. I have similar behavior to implement. I would appreciate if someone can point me to an example / steps.   For example, lets say your first drop down has countries as items. The second has state. The third has cities. Would like to make sure my cities are filtered based on the previous two selections of country and state.   I see examples with two level cascade but I have not seen any with 3-level cascading drop-downs.  Does someone have successfully implemented this with Nintex forms?  Thanks in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Joshua's answer seems to be a good resolution. If it was for you, please mark it as so, or update with further questions. Thanks!

Badge +1

Thanks Andrew. The post referenced there does not really help. It's not a complete solution and has an issue as I commented in that post.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Firoz, I think I understand your question but before jumping into a solution, I thought I'd clarify.  Is your point there might be duplicate State names across the world?  I can't think of any off the top of my head but let's say there's a state called Queensland, Australia and there's also another state also called Queensland in USA.

I think what you're getting at is if you choose Australia for drop down #1 and then pick Queensland for drop down #2 you only want to see the cities that are part of Queensland, Australia.  You do not want to see the cities that are part of Queensland, USA.  Is that correct?

Badge +16

‌ did you resolve this?