Possible to transfer Item Reference through IPC?

Badge +5

Hi,

I have a workflow that is started by a Smartform submission. This workflow uses an Item Reference from a SmartObject linked to a form view. Recently it has become a requirement to re-use this workflow by calling it through the IPC activity in another process. Is there any way to populate the Item Reference either in the IPC call or in the workflow itself even though the new instance wont have been started by a form submission?

Regards,

Ciara

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi Ciaramc,

Item references are currently not accessible via API call, a workaround exists where you assign the values of the item reference to data fields in the workflow, which you can access via API.

Regards,

Mike

PS.  This sounds like a great feature request.

Badge +5

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping I wouldn't have to change the existing workflow as its quite large but looks like I'll be amending to use data fields and/or references instead to start it using an IPC call. I think I'll stop using Item references as this is the second time I've been caught out with them (the last time they increased the SMO calls so much I could not deploy the workflow)

Regards,

Ciara