NintexNewb
Forms Fledgling

Days Items in a list are at each status

Hello,

I'm very new to Nintex workflows and Nintex forms. I am trying to create a column in my SharePoint list that shows how many days it has been since an item was created and then would like to go on to show how many days that item has been "assigned" and "active". Is there a workflow that I could create that would update a "days open" column? I have only been able to create a workflow that sends out notifications when an item is created or resolved that is the current extent to my knowledge.

Thank you for any help you can provide!!! 

0 Kudos
21 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Days Items in a list are at each status

Hi,

What you are wanting to do is very possible.
Firstly this would be a scheduled site workflow that would run daily and update all the items in the list.
You would have three columns to update.
days open total
days open active
days open assigned

When the workflow runs it queries the list using a Query list action and gathers all the item ID's.
The next action is a For Each which will go through all the ID's one by one.
In the for each the next action would be a Build string that grabs the created date of the item and todays date and using the fn-DateDiffDays() inline function works out how many days since the item was created and updates the "days open total" column.
The next thing to happen is the staus is checked to see if the item is assigned or active.
You will then have two "Run If" actions but only one will run.
First will Run If The status is active.
It will get the current days active from the days open active column and using a math operation action add 1 to it and update the days open active column.
If it is no the action will be skipped.

The second Run If action will run if the status is Assigned. It will get the current days assigned from the days open assigned column and using a math operation action add 1 to it and update the days open assigned column.
This will be skipped if status is Active.

The for each will go through every item and update it everyday.
NintexNewb
Forms Fledgling

@SimonMuntz Thank you!! Is there any way you have a screenshot of this workflow? I am going to attempt to build it now but if there is a visual out there that would be great! Thank you again! 

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Please see the attached workflow which you can import into your environment as a SITE workflow.

I made one change and that was to use a switch instead of 2 run if actions.

NintexNewb
Forms Fledgling

@SimonMuntz Thank you so much for this it was very helpful! I am playing around with it now and just have a question. I'm not 100% sure how to fill out the "Update Item" and "Math Operation" parts of the workflow. I keep trying different scenarios and I can't quite get it. 

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Unfortunately when a workflow is imported and it cant find the related lists it can clear the configuration.

Create a List called Days using the attached list template and the configuration should not clear.

NintexNewb
Forms Fledgling

@SimonMuntz Thank you so much!! Once again I appreciate how much help you are providing. Unfortunately my company does not give me access to upload a list template. I believe I need SharePoint designer the option is not there for me. I'm so sorry to ask but is there any other way you can give me the information of that "Days List" and I could create one from scratch? When I downloaded it it downloaded into adobe pro and would not open. I am sorry to bother you so much this is one of the last asks the managers wanted for our tracking system and I'm so close! 

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi,

Here is a screen shot of the columns in the list.

daysColumns.png

NintexNewb
Forms Fledgling

@SimonMuntz  Thank you again you are amazing! It uploaded! I'm almost done recreating it but it won't let me save my Math operation and it looks like this. I copied the workflow you sent me exactly but for some reason it won't save.

Math Operation.PNG

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi,

I think there is a gui issue with this action.
Above DaysOpenActiveP1 it says value. Change it to something else and then back to value and another field will appear next to it. in that field enter the number 1.
The action will then save.