What can cause 'Create item in another site' to throw 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'?

Badge +6

Hi,

What could cause a properly configured action to throw a NullReferenceException like this one in a Nintex Workflow 2013 site workflow?

Nintex.Workflow.NWActionExecutionException: Create Site Specific Item Activity ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.CreateSiteSpecificItemActivity.Process(NWWorkflowContext ctx, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)   

at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.CreateSiteSpecificItemActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)   

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)   

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)   

at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()     -

The target list exists in the context team site, the folder gets created if missing (with expected Name but no Title), but not the item inside it.

83130_pastedImage_0.png

The behavior is consistent with simpler items in trivial custom list apps within the same team site.

83318_pastedImage_2.png

Any hints would be appreciated.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I suggest you to begin adding this item with only the simplest type columns, and then add another type.

For examples on your first test just add an item setting Text columns.

In that way you could isolate a possible column that is causing the problem.

Badge +6

You can probably see that adding the trivial "Title-only" item also fails the same way. The problem is probably specific to some site or farm level configuration, because it works fine in another environment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I experience just the same problem.

I have set up minimal testcase, ie. default list with no custom columns and simple workflow with only 'create item in another site' action.

within the action I kept default (current) site, selected the list and specified a value for Title column.

unfortunatelly can not manage to get it working neither in this trivial setup.

Badge +6

I've opened a support case, where we also verified that hardcoded folder names also don't resolve the issue. I'll write back as soon as we have any important news.

Badge +6

Stay tuned, I hope we'll sort it out with Nintex Support.

Badge +6

This apparently has to do with International edition of Nintex Workflow, Language Packs, locales and regional settings.  Escalated as a bug.

Badge +3

Can you give an update on the status of this bug please? I'm getting the same error ever since adding just the "Create Item" (Not "Create Item In Another Site") action to a workflow that had been working fine before then. Also, we have Nintex Version: 3.1.0.2 - English. However, I am able to publish a very basic workflow with only the Create Item action in it, in a different site.

Alexey Krasheninnikov

Badge +6

Requested an update from our support engineer yesterday. Waiting.

Actually, I've seen it with English version yesterday as well.

Badge +6

Here's what I got:

The issue
"Create item in another site action does not create folder correctly"
is already fixed in the 3.1.5.0 release.

The issue "Create item in another site
doesn't create an item in a site of a different language" will most likely
be in August release