Shared hide rule does not roll up panel

• 17 December 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

Hi

I have a rule that hides panels. This rule is shared across multiple panels. The first panel that the rule is assigned to in the form does not display and also rolls up - so works correctly. The following panels with this rule applied do not display (correct) but they do not roll up, leaving a white space the size of the panel. What is causing this? Surely rules can be shared.

Thanks

Joanne

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Joanne,

Make sure your panel do not overlap,

Reagrds,

Christophe

Badge +11

They don't overlap but some, not all, do touch. The panels sitting alone away from other panels also do not roll up when hidden. And I don't have the problem in the app version of the form or when the rules are not shared. Plus if I move them it will affect the look of the form. I think I'll just have to not share the rules, which is a bit annoying as it's a large form and I'm trying to minimise, controls, rules etc.

Badge +2

I've had this same issue. The only way I was able to resolve the issue was to create a separate rule for each panel, so I ended up with six identical rules each associated with only one of the panels. It's not a great workaround as it creates a lot of unnecessary rules and if the rule ever needs to be updated it needs to be done in all six rules, but at least my form worked after I did that.

Badge +11

Hi Frank

I required a desktop form and an associated Mobile form with multiple hide panels. There were a couple of issues with this.

Issue 1:

Not able to share hide rules to hide multiple panels in the DESKTOP form. I had no problem with the App form - one rule for all the panels.

I had to create a separate rule for each panel in the desktop form.

Issue 2:

Not able to share some rules between web and app because of different syntax requirements. So once again doubling up on rules.

e.g.

Desktop form rule Condition requires: equals(ServiceType,"500")

App form rule Condition requires: equals(ServiceType,500)

These are work arounds, as I wasn't able to get any advice on why this occurs nor how best to deal with it

Thanks

Joanne