jacobarn
Novice

Re: Customize Workflow Edit Form Task Approval Screen

Jump to solution

So I would need to make a workflow task list for each content type to be able to make 3 distinct task forms? I wouldn't be able to edit the task form for content type A and be able to have it look different than content type B and C?

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

Hey Jacob, sorry for my confusion, I assumed that the tasks were a part of a workflow. If they are part of a workflow, then you would approach the forms by editing the task form from the Workflow Designer, not the list forms designer.

If you have a custom task list, not a workflow task list, then you can have multiple custom content types and simply edit the list forms there.

If I'm still wrong in understanding your approach, I suggest creating a new Post where you questions can be answered fully. Just post the link to the question here.

0 Kudos
jacobarn
Novice

Jump to solution

No, you are correct. The tasks are assigned in the workflow (flexi-tasks to be precise).

I think I am getting a little confused because I have three workflows (one for each content type) and I want to edit the task form for each workflow. But I keep getting a message when I go to configure a flexi-task > edit task form. I get a "This action is using a form shared with other actions. Would you like to edit a separate instance of the form?" Does this mean if I click cancel, all flexi-task forms for this ONE workflow will be modified?

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

These are great questions to ask. Let us know if you create a separate post for these questions.

0 Kudos
ohagas
Novice

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew

I'm trying to achieve this scenario also (where the approver sees an exact copy of the original form itself rather than the list item properties at the bottom of the approval email, and they also have an approve button on the form). I fully understand your steps above up to point 4: "From the designer you can select the list query control, which is the bottom section, and delete it.". Are you saying that by simply deleting everything under the list item properties (see screendump of very simple form), that the approval workflow email will show the form? I tried this and it didn't work.simple approval task form

0 Kudos
sally_rosenberg

Jump to solution

Here is what I do so the flexi-task form matches the original form:

1. Export the original form

2. Open Flexi-Task Edit Start Form

3. Copy to an html editor the html that may be needed for the Status fields and Delegation and Comments. (I rarely need the approver to see the Workflow Status field)

4. Import your original form (You may need to change Flexi-Task settings for form width)

5. Add the now-missing components for Status, delegation, and Comments. You will use Labels for the control field names and corresponding fields for Status (Choice field) and Comments (Multi-line or Single-line text).

Hope this helps!

Sally

ohagas
Novice

Jump to solution

Hi Sally

Thanks for the response. I was thinking along these lines!

Re pt 3, do you mean opening the Status and Comment controls from the original approval form and copying the html code from the 'Edit Source' screen? If so, given that you have to re-create the controls (as in pt 5), this seems to only save you typing a few words, is this correct?

Also, if I make a change to the original form, than obviously I'll have to repeat this process.

This does seem to be a nice workaround though. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
sally_rosenberg

Jump to solution

Hi Sean,

I have found that when I don't copy the code that exists on the original task form, my flexi-task form in the workflow does not act as expected.

However, this could also be other systems that are tied to our workflows to be visible on certain areas of our portal.

Try it both ways! Let us know your findings.

Sally

Sally B. Rosenberg

Computer Associate (Software)

One Police Plaza, New York, NY 10038 Room 706

Office (646) 610-7484

Mobile (516) 375-9707

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this communication in error. Any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

0 Kudos
julesnye
Scholar

Jump to solution

Just wondering if you could answer Seans question above as I'm stuck too in the same place, where I've changed the task form, saved and published the workflow but when run it still shows the old task form.