How to compare a calculated field value with a number value

• 5 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hi Team,

I have a requirement how to compare a field on the nintex form with a number value

here are the screen shots

I have a calculated value called Total Requested which is connected to a SharePoint field.

Now the requirement is

we have 3 levels of approvers if total requested is 10,000 or less level 1 should show up

If Total Requested is greater than 10,000 and less than 50,000 both level 1 and level 2 should show up

In the same way if the Total Requested is greater than 50,000 and so on all the three levels should show up

Please kindly help me out with this formula

Any hell much appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance!!!! happy.png

4 replies

Badge +5

OOPS!!!

I mean Any HELP much appreciated grin.png

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Rams,

Based on your description, you shouldnt need the "or" functions for these rules.  All you should need to configure will be the level for each of the panels IE for the second panel the rule should be configured to hide the control only if the value is less than 10000. This should be the same for Level 3 where you'll only need to have the control hidden if the value is less than 50000.  Please see the below example of the second and third level rules:

211926_pastedImage_1.png

211934_pastedImage_3.png

In practice, this will hide the controls if they are under the defined thresholds. 
211935_pastedImage_4.png

211937_pastedImage_6.png

211938_pastedImage_7.png

Badge +5

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your prompt response!!

It worked...First when I saw your solution, I was little confused because I tried this formula too( in the past now it works) and it did not work.

Later I realized I did not name the calculated value and not using calculated value control in my formula. Instead I connected my calculated value to list field and using the field name in my form!!! plain.png plain.png

Any way I really appreciate for your response

Thanks!!!!

Badge +5

Hi @burked I have a similar requirement but that a message shows if the calculated filed is more than 125, how would I adjust this formula?