K2 Web Parts - Add columns

• 29 September 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have installed K2 Web Parts on my Sharepoint site to retrieve the task list items. I have the following queries on it:

1. A task list item can be opened only by clicking on the yellow drop down and choosing "Open". Is it possible to have a Tasklist Item URL type link in place of the drop down?

2. The yellow drop down has other options like "delegate", "sleep" and "redirect" options which shouldn't be allowed in my case. Is there a way to disable the options?

3. I want to show the value of some Prcocess/Activity data fields on the Web Parts itself. Is it possible to add custom columns to show these data fields?

Any help regarding this, would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +11

Here are some answers for you:

1. The task list can be opened by hovering the mouse over the Folio field.  When the row background turns a different color and you can simply click on the item and it will open.  This is the way most people open their tasks.
  2. There is not an easy way to do this.
  3. You can customize the worklist to choose from available OOTB fields.  Unfortunately, you cannot directly display datafields on the web part.  You can howevver put whatever you want in the Folio field which may give you an alternative.