Not applicable

Custom JavaScript Includes not loading without Nintex Forms Web Part

I am using Nintex forms for Office 365 version 1.2.2.0.

I am trying to put all my JS code into a .js file and include that file in 'Custom JavaScript Includes' sections of the 'Form Settings' so that I can call the javascript functions on click of form buttons.

I have put the JS file in the 'Site Assets > JavaScripts' folder on the same site as the list and included the full path into the 'Custom JavaScript Includes' sections of the 'Form Settings'.

However, when I include the JS file, it doesn't take effect unless I use Nintex Forms web part. If I click on 'new item' or 'edit item' links from the List, it loads the form but doesn't load the JS. When I look into network traffic, I see HTTP 302 for the JS file but response body is empty which obviously leads to no JS code executing.

On the other hand, I have a page that I am using to create new item for which I am using Nintex Forms web part which is connected to the same list. When this page loads, the JS gets loaded (I see HTTP 304 in this case) and executes the JavaScript code.

I tried giving the all permissions to Site Assets folder but it didn't help.

This issue is not just with JS files but also with images. For images, the src remains empty in the rendered HTML if I refer to an image placed in Site Assets folder.

I am suspecting if this is some permissions issue with Nintex forms app setup since I have another Office 365 installation where I see custom JS files loading and executing with New / Edit forms without having to use Nintex forms web part in a separate page.

TIA

5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Custom JavaScript Includes not loading without Nintex Forms Web Part

Some more observations I wanted to add so that it will help pinpoint the problem...

1. If I put scripts / images on other servers that are accessible in the network (e.g. from SP2010 server on our network) and use those URLs, it works without any issues.

2. When I use relative / full path of image hosted on the same SP2013 site inside Nintex form designer, the images doesn't appear there. However, when I use the path of image hosted on other server inside Nintex form designer, the image shows up. This makes me think it is a permissions related issue but I'm not able to resolve it by changing permissions for Site Assets folder.

an_old_user
Nintex Newbie

Hi Prafulla,

Access to the Site Assets folder will use the permission of the currently logged in user.  Can you paste the URL of the image/js directly into the address bar of your browser, this will allow you to ensure that the file is accessible within the Site Asset folder.

Thanks,

Barry.

Not applicable

Sorry for delayed reply.

I've checked already to make sure that I have full access to the library that has image or JS files.

When I paste the URL of the image or JS into the browser, I can access those resources but when I open the Nintex form through add / edit item, these resources do not get loaded.

As mentioned in original post, when I use Nintex Forms Web Part on a page, it loads those resources just fine.

sharepointfranc
Nintex Observer

Hi,

Did you find an answer to your problem. Just experienced the same 😞

thanks.

Not applicable

Hi, Prafulla Mujumdar​, Let us know how things have turned out if you would. Thanks!

0 Kudos