Forms generating (unwanted) duplicate records in table

Badge +1

Hi, hoping someone can help.  After a little investigation, it appears that when a form is submitted a second new entry into the SharePoint table is generated.  This happens about 1% of the time for our users however we have not been able to replicate this in our test environment.  The duplicate records can be 9-40 seconds apart in creation.

Could this be due to a delay in the server creating the records?  We can't replicate by clicking the save button twice...

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Do you have a workflow on this list that creates an item?   Was this list created from a template that contained a workflow at the time the template was made?

Thanks

Mike

Badge +1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. In answer to your questions, the lists and workflows were created from fresh.  The workflows on the lists do not create any new items or update any existing ones.

Thanks

Richard

Badge +16

can you double check list settings > workflow settings just to be sure no duplicate (ghosted) workflows are there doing this?

Badge +11

I also see something similar with one list's 365 Nintex forms. A duplicate item is created. I have Version History turned on - so I can see that both versions are created by the submitting user (not a workflow). The form title is calculated using date and time - this is the same for both. Created time is also the same - the only difference is the list ID. It does not happen all the time or for all users.