Start workflow on site creation?

• 27 January 2011
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

I need to implement a K2 workflow that will essentially setup the user groups when a new site is created. 

I understand that I could create a site creation process workflow, and add the groups from there, but the client does not want it that way.

Ideally, this workflow would fire on site creation, invisible to the user, adding the required user groups.

Any suggestions?  I can't figure out how to tie the start of the workflow to site creation.

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi Atarvin,

At the moment there seems to be no Wizard to capture the On Site Created event.  What you can maybe do is to utilize the 'ExecuteUrl' element in the ONET.xml of the Site Template and add a Url property which points to a ASPX page where you may run some custom code, which kicks of your workflow using the K2 API - http://www.pointsharepoint.com/2009/01/using-executeurl-element-in-onetxml.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Frikkie

Badge +3

Thanks for the suggestion, and confirming there is no easy automated way to do this.

I think for now, I will create a workflow that the user will need to manually kick off.