Not applicable

Creating a form for a custom content type based on a document set

Jump to solution

I am using Nintex WF and Forms 2013 (trial version for now) on premises and have created a SP library with only one content type, a custom content type based on a document set with extra columns pertinent to our use case.  When I try to create a Nintex Form for this content type, I get this error message:

Error - Cannot use Nintex Forms for content type : <my custom content type>

I have tried the same for the standard Document Set content type as well as the Folder content type and get the same error.  I can successfully do it with a simple custom content type based only on Item, but have not determined what degree of difference between there and my desired custom content type causes the error.

The only post I've seen related to this seems to indicate that someone figured it out but I do not see how they did it. It referred to the content type being marked as read-only possibly causing the problem, but that's not my situation.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cju
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Creating a form for a custom content type based on a document set

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, Nintex forms for document set is currently not supported but it is on the roadmap.

You can maybe use another content type or a workflow start form that will start a site workflow which will create a document set.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

It turns out that I switched to a list with attachments instead of a document set, reused my site columns from the custom content type and so far that has worked OK.

I'm not familiar with how to create a site workflow with Nintex... or did you mean using a SP workflow there?

0 Kudos
cju
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Great that you could find an alternative solution.

To create a site workflow, it is very simple, you can go in the settings menu of your SP site (gear icon), click on Nintex Workflow 2013 menu item and then click on Create Site Workflow.

The design is almost the same as a list workflow (there are a few actions that have disappear) and you can create a start form (in the workflow settings then Edit start form). In the start form, you can connect the controls to workflow variables to work on the values populated in the start form. Then with the Nintex Forms Start Site Workflow web part, you can display the start form of your site workflow on a SharePoint page.

Hope it helps