I have a column in SharePoint list called [Numbers], what I would like to achieve is to periodically run a workflow that goes thru an items in the list and in the [Numbers] column it makes a mathematical operation current value in column - 1 then previous value will be replaced by a calculated one.
Can you give me any sugestions...
Solved! Go to Solution.
It is not very clear what you wish to achieve
You can use 'query list' querying [Numbers] column on entire list upto 5000 items or based on a filter or number
You can use for each to get value of each [Numbers] column
Then use do calculation to subtract 1 from the number and capture in a variable
Finally use update item action to replace the value of [Numbers] value with caculated value
Steps I suggested will work
1) Query list for all list items - single output - capture results in a collection variable 'varNumCol'
2) Use for each loop for 'varNumCol' and capture result in a integer variable 'varNumber'
3) use 'do calculation' inside 'for each loop' - 'varNuber - 1' capture in another number variable 'varNewNumber'
4) Update list item where 'Current Item Number' = 'varNumber', update '[Numebr]' field to 'varNewNumber'
5) Create a site workflow as a site workflow to start this workflow and add a schedule if you need periodic runs
Hope this makes sense, let me know if you need further help