The Workflow is not moving to next step, even though the condition has met

Hi Team, As part of workflow process which has been created in Visual studio, there are number of steps which are executing based on specified line conditions. However, all line rules are not working even though condition has met. The current step remains in the same state and workflow status is going to 'OnHold' status. Briefly, the line condition is referring to Smart object data and compare with given string, if condition is met it should go to next step. But not working as anticipated. I don't see any error.

I have attached screenshot of the condition.

Thanks

15897i592AC7448CF99DAF.png

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi JamesPoon,

As a test, you can remove the line rule's condition, does the workflow proceed to the next activity? If this works then there is something wrong with line rule, and you can start looking into that.

Badge +8

If it is not moving to the next step it means a condition is not being met in the rule. A couple of things to check. As stated above you can disable the line rule and see if the workflow moves to the next step. Also check the rule in the form. Is there an on click rule that actions the workflow? I generally create unbound rules for this and sometime I forget to call the unbound rule. I would check any "On Click or On Change" rules and make sure that whatever triggers the workflow for this task is actioning the workflow for that specific state. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters