Nintex 2016 Upgrade does not complete

• 21 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to upgrade Nintex 2016 Workflows and forms from version 4.3.2 to 4.5.2.32.  The installer never progresses past "Upgrade job for solution Nintex Common Components (NintexCommon.wsp) is not created yet" even after 15 to 20 minutes of waiting.  I killed the process, but now I receive an unexpected error when trying to create or modify workflows.

ULS Logs show errors referring to missing resource files.  I assume that these will clear out once I've completed the update successfully.   I've tried clearing the configuration cache, but still have the same issues. I have a ticket open with support but they have not been responsive.

Does anyone have suggestions on this?  Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
It looks like the environment is having issues with solution deployment.
Check out the solution deployment troubleshooting section of the 2016 help files.
https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/InstallGuide/TroubleshootDeployment.htm%3FTocPath%3DGet%2520started%7CInstall%252C%2520upgrade%252C%2520and%2520migrate%7CInstall%2520Nintex%2520for%2520SharePoint%7CTroubleshoot%2520deployment%7C_____0
Badge +3

It was an issue with solution deployment.  Nintex support was able to narrow it down to an issue with a single server in the farm.  I had been missing a SharePoint update that the other servers had applied.  After correcting this and running the SharePoint config wizard, I was able to complete the upgrade.