Create a word or PDF document from data within a form

• 11 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Is there a way for a workflow to create a PDF or Word document from content within a form?  So I have Nintex for Sharepoint 2016 (on Prem).  Is there a way for the workflow to create an actual PDF or Word Document of the form.  I have the ability to actually go into the form and click on the button "Print to PDF".  However in our process, that would add a step. It isn't a very long step, but when you are dealing with hundreds of these documents a day that step is a bit cumbersome. We'd prefer the form already be generated once it arrives at the last step.  It would make some folks very happy

4 replies

Badge +5

Hey Mate,

You can use Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint to Convert PDF of the form using HTML Converter.

Muhimbi also ships Nintex action - For details see http://support.muhimbi.com/entries/21239861-how-can-i-use-the-pdf-converter-in-combination-with-nintex-workflow

You can find pricing at  https://www.muhimbi.com/Products/PDF-Converter-for-SharePoint/PDF-Converter-for-SharePoint---License-Page 

If you need assistancedemo you can contact at support@muhimbi.com.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8
There is a workflow action step "Document Generation" where you would point to a word template or such that has embedded form fields. This is something that has to be enabled by your admins and is a paid service from Nintex, usually with a specified number of document generations before additional payment is required.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Yes, we turned this on and are testing its capabilities. Not sure the best way to do this. I'll also take a look at what @clavinfernandes suggested too.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thank you, I've reached out to see if I can get a demo installed in my environment.  This is exactly what we need.  It also doesn't require creating a template and keeping both the form and a template up to date like Document Generation requires.