Force Nintex workflow to ignore information in an email subject line.

• 23 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Greetings:

I have created a workflow that submits form data (transformed via XSLT to make it readable) by email to an IT Help Desk ticketing system (OTRS) for processing by our IT staff.  After the technician performs the work he completes the workflow by replying to the message with "OK" and lazy approval does the rest, then he closes the OTRS ticket.

It all works great except that OTRS prepends the ticket number to the subject line, which Nintex workflow then does not recognize.  For example, the original subject line is this:

"Form 01ITI has been submitted [#CCCEHFHDH#]" but the email coming out of the ticketing system has a subject line of "Re: [Ticket#2015102310000472] Form 01ITI has been submitted [#CCCEHFHDH#]" (this is done so that subsequent replies are added to the correct ticket).  This results in a reply from Nintex workflow as follows:

"Nintex Workflow was unable to match this response to a running workflow.  When replying to Nintex Workflow emails, ensure the subject line of the email remains unchanged."

So my question is this:  is there any way to force Nintex workflow to ignore the prepended information in the email subject line so that we don't get this reply (which reopens a closed ticket)?

Thanks,

Bruce

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The lazy approval system is internal and cannot be configured as such. The only alternatives I can think of is that the response from the tech is to remove that code, or click on the link in the email to go to the task page. You could use OCS or lync, but that would require near real type approval and probably doesn't fit.

Badge +8

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping there was a way to do this automatically but, yes, the tech can remove the prefix from the subject line and that's what we'll do as a workaround.