Add or Update Approvers and Update Active Tasks

• 16 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We are trying to convert an OOTB SharePoint document approval workflow to Nintex. The reason we don't want to keep it in OOTB is because the link between the document and the workflow tasks/history is deleted after 30 days, and that information needs to be kept for compliance and audit purposes. However, in SharePoint OOTB approval workflow, there are two options: 1) Add or update approvers; and 2) Update active tasks. We would very much like to have these same options available in the Nintex workflow.

Is this at all possible in Nintex, and if so, can someone describe how to do it?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

workflow tasks/history cleaning is sharepoint's feature and it makes no difference whether you use SPD workflows or nintex workflows.

reg. "Add or update approvers" and "Update active tasks" I'm not sure what you mean. can you describe requested functionality in more details?

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply.

In an OOTB SharePoint approval workflow, the Workflow Status shows the options below:

214410_pastedImage_1.png

In a Nintex workflow, those options do not appear:

214411_pastedImage_2.png

My question is, does Nintex provide an easy to use way for adding or updating approvers, and for updating active tasks (i.e. due date), like in the OOTB workflow?

Thank you,
Jayne

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
does Nintex provide an easy to use way for adding or updating approvers

no, nintex doesn't support to change list of approvers for an already existing task.

and for updating active tasks (i.e. due date)

mostly it should be possible.

as mentioned above you cannot simply update (list of) approvers, you cannot simple make an update  on outcome/decision and maybe some further fields.

but it requires you have designed custom (nintex) form that recognizes save (update) action and save&submit action (task final approval/decision)