Form with QR code scanning for mobile

• 23 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi everyone

I'm currently working on a project where I need to be able to input data (a serial number) by scanning a QR code with a smartphone.

On my form, I've added a single line textfield control and enabled the "Barcode scanning" property. I've published both a desktop and smart phone layout with this field.

Now, when I open this form from the list on my smartphone and tap the field, I should be able to use my camera to scan a barcode or QR code, but instead, only my keyboard opens. If I type in a value and submit the form, the data is stored in the Sharepoint list, so the connection is ok.

Due to company policy I cannot use the Nintex mobile or Sharepoint app to open the site at the moment. We have a company app that logs us in and redirects us to Sharepoint in the mobile brwoser (Chrome in my case)

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem here? We have Sharepoint 2013 on premise with Nintex forms 2013 v2.11.0.10

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

sorry but the barcode scanning feature is a pure Nintex Mobile feature. There is no barcode scanning capability in Nintex Forms when only using a browser.

You may suggest this as a feature on user voice as I can imagine a lot of people would like to see this.

Best regards

Enrico