Is it possible to open the content search in the same window?

• 20 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hello everyone,

I think a lot of you will know the SharePoint 2013 Web Part Content Search. I put this web part on my new form.
When I type in a term to the search box the content search gives me my results 'in a new window'.

Is it possible to change that? I just want the results to appear on my form.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Content Search Web Part will display the results of the web part configured query within the same web part. It doesn't have its own search box. 

Are you referring to the Search Box web part that is added to a page? You can connect a search box web part to a search results web part within the same page. 

Badge +7

I use the Content Search Web Part in combination with the search box and I want the results to show on the same page, without any already typed in information getting lost. Any idea? (I use it in my new form of a list)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you configure a search web part to pull parameters from a search box and the keywords are changed, then it has to also update. If you don't want it to change then I would suggest adding the query within the webpart settings. But I feel like I don't fully understand your question and how it relates to a Nintex Form. You could post a screen shot and maybe I can understand better. But if it is not a Nintex Form, then you may want to post the question to stackexchange.