shunn
Nintex Newbie

Copy three different fields from one list item to another (way new user)

Let me first say I am really very new to using Nintex.  I am trying to establish a workflow that copies three fields from a new entry in List A to List B.  The next step is to create a separate entry in List B for several different offices.  The entry is being copied from List A to List B, but when the separate entries are created, the three fields I wanted copied are not populating.  Thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Copy three different fields from one list item to another (way new user)

can you post some screenshot how you have things set up?

0 Kudos
shunn
Nintex Newbie

Here is what I have. So far.  The copy action is copying the entry into List B, but I really do not want it to display.  What I really want is only those three fields copied (auto-populated) into List B for each of the org entries I'm creating below that.

copy item.png

0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

copy item action copies over all the  fields from source item.

to 'copy' just few fields you would need to use create an item action where you'd supplied values for those 3 fields from a source item, and rest of the fields you could leave empty (or supply values acc. your needs).

if you'd like to copy values to existing item, you'd need to use update item action.

or you could take it vice versa as well  - use copy item action to copy over whole item/all the fields and then clean all but those 3 fields afterwards.

0 Kudos